Venous Thromboembolism (VTE)
This guideline for clinical care is endorsed by the University of Michigan Health System and updated periodically. You may access this guideline either:
- as part of a formal educational activity for CME credit, which includes:
- Introduction – purpose/objectives, authors, how to participate and
- View/download the guideline and read it
- Knowledge test addressing main points (online, immediately scored and
- Credit request and CME activity evaluation form (on-line submission)
- Record of credit (immediately provided on-line)
- or only view/download the guideline without CME credit
No fee is charged. The U-M Faculty Group Practice funded the development of the guideline. The U-M Department of Medical Education funded making this information available as a CME activity.
Internet access. A dial-up connection is sufficient, though DSL or faster service is recommended for faster downloading.
Web browser. We recommend the following browser versions or later: Internet Explorer 6, Mozilla Firefox 2, or Safari 3.
Adobe Acrobat Reader. The guideline will be downloaded as an Adobe PDF file. If you do not have Acrobat Reader on your computer, click here to download a free copy from the Adobe web site.
The University of Michigan Health System web site does not provide specific medical advice and does not endorse any medical or professional service obtained through information provided on this site or any links to this site. Use of the UMHS web site does not replace medical consultation with a qualified health or medical professional to meet the health and medical needs of you or others. While the content of the UMHS web site is frequently updated, medical information changes rapidly and therefore, some information may be out of date, and/or contain inaccuracies or typographical errors.